The Introduction to Business Administration Online Short Course gives an overview of the basic business principles applied in the office environment and provides students with the key theoretical understanding of information systems. You will discover fundamental business and personal expenditure truths, and you will be better able to meet business and your personal financial goals.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the business environment and to enable you to understand and integrate fundamental administration and management concepts.
The skills that you will be learning throughout this course include the following:
- Plan, monitor and control information systems
- Participate effectively through communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Coordinate minor events and meetings
- Function in a team and work effectively with others
- Demonstrate an understanding of finance and personal financial behaviour
- Demonstrate an understanding of employer relations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment
- Identify and solve problems using critical and creative thinking
- Define problems, investigate and find solutions
The course has been designed and curated by Loma Botha.
Through creative thinking, Loma Botha’s marketing, management and customer relationship management skills contribute to the success of her business ventures. Loma Botha is a Director at Future Creation and The Potential Zone and also the founding member of Tumelo Training Non-Profit Organisation. Loma has Honours Degrees in Sport Science and Sport Management and a Diploma in Marketing.
She recently finished a year-long self-development and leadership training course through the Mosaiek Academy. She has worked within the soft skills/work readiness and tertiary education fields for more than 18 years. Her expertise lies predominantly in the university graduates sphere. She has a vested interest in international online learning education platforms, and currently has clients in Japan, China and Taiwan. Loma wholeheartedly believes in lifelong learning.
Each of our LCIBS Online courses is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready to guide and assist their students throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course is trained to mentor each student to reach their potential and achieve their learning goals. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this course, you are required to:
- Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
- Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
- Have a stable internet connection
- Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or similar PDF viewer
- Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well have the ability to export documents into PDF files
- Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Certain courses will require that you have additional software applications. These additional software applications will be communicated to you when you register and enrol for the course. Any additional resources that will be required will be at the discretion of the registered student.
How You will Learn
This short learning programme has been designed and curated in manageable learning modules, which include diverse learning assessment activities.
- Access your course notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
- Learn while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
- Enjoy the supplementary case-study readings in each module
- Participate and collaborate in discussion forums
- Apply your learnings to self-grading quizzes and continuous assessments